Wednesday, August 7, 2013

hi there.

Well, here is my attempt to inform the social media world about our life. It’s messy. But in the most beautiful way I could have ever imagined. At this very moment I am in our hotel room in Springfield, MO while my husband is here for work. That is our life most of the time. He travels and sometimes I get to join him. Man, I’ve been dying to come to Springfield. My dreams are finally coming true. But in all seriousness, I am thankful for these weeks he is gone for longer periods of time (Okay, only like 4 days but it can feel like forever) and I get to join him. We go out for fancy dinners and watch ridiculous things on the hotel television. But I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Well, except for maybe a non travel occupation. If I am being completely honest, the Lord has continually worked on my heart while Dustin travels. I am learning what it looks like to entrust him to the Lord while he is gone. I get to ask the Lord for help when I become anxious about him being gone. God clearly knew what he was doing when he placed the two of us together. For that, I am so thankful.

I wanted to create this blog to keep a record of our life experiences, places we travel, people we meet and more importantly how the Gospel is affecting every part of our lives. I don’t intend to sugar coat our lives, our marriage or anything in between. In the last few years of living in Kansas City, I have learned so much of what it looks like to be transparent and to live in light of the Gospel because I don’t have to worry about being approved by other people...Jesus already took care of that on the cross. Thank you, blogspot, for allowing me to figure this out while admitting my need for a Savior...daily. 

No comments :

Post a Comment