Friday, February 3, 2017

here comes the baby...

I contemplated for a long time whether or not I should post Davis’ birth story (guess that's a thing people do). Before he was born I daydreamed about how and when he would arrive, preparing myself for worst case scenarios (because I am totally fatalistic in my thinking). So, here goes:

Got induced. (not because we really needed to, I’m just impatient and 41 weeks to wait for a baby feels like a freaking eternity. whatever, I do not need to defend myself to you.)

Didn’t go as planned.

Had emergency c-section.

Cried because it sucked and ITS NOT WHAT I WANTED (sorry, dealt with some postpartum depression. not fun. don't be afraid to ask for help, mmkay?)

Kissed and loved on sweet baby boy in the hospital for 4 days.

Healed physically and emotionally from unwanted c-section.

6 months later and baby boy is still alive. he’s sleeping. he’s adorable. and I do not even care anymore that nothing worked out how I wanted.

We feel incredibly blessed with our little man. God is good, not because of anything we have done. we don’t even deserve His goodness. But he love us and I am eternally grateful. 




No comments :

Post a Comment