Thursday, October 10, 2013

hard days; gracious God.


I thought about writing a post about how my husband and I have been married for a blissful (hard, humbling, fun, frustrating, at times impatient but with great joy) 11 months today. Instead, I struggled for a brief moment after learning my husband was going to be traveling for 3 weeks in a row, wondering what the hell I got myself into when I married him. Harsh? Yeah, I know. But my heart wrestled with the reality of the importance of understanding and supporting my husband in his career and my selfish desire to have him all to myself every day of the week.

God so graciously reminded me that even if Dustin was home every day of the week for the rest of our lives, it still wouldn’t ultimately satisfy me. My hope doesn’t come from Dustin being home but in the One who sustains me, comforts me, rebukes me, encourages me and loves me in the moments when Dustin is gone. I need Jesus. Jesus is my only hope. Yeah, it sucks when my husband is gone. But, I am not alone. I am not abandoned or neglected. 

Praise the Lord. 

“For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.” Psalm 62:5-7

No comments :

Post a Comment